Things To Do
This beautiful area, rich in native history provides the ideal jumping off point for all things north. A world of exploration lies right at our doorstep. We encourage guests to immerse themselves in our northern Michigan way of life and to sample its many intriguing tastes. Season after season, there’s always something here to enjoy.
- Fish Pond: Our fish pond is located near the lagoon. Fish food is available at the front desk.
- Paddle Boat: Take a paddle boat out for a spin. Life jackets are available at the front desk.
- Enjoy Our Fire Pit: Located on our patio, our fire pit is there for our guests to enjoy!
- Hike The Nature Trail: Located on the north end of our property is access to a nature trail (maps available at the front desk).
- Fish From The Dock: Dock access on the Crooked River is available on the southern end of our property.
- Take A Walk Downtown: Explore the Village of Alanson, a short walk from the Lodge. Enjoy the shops, museum, ice cream, fudge and more! There’s plenty to do for all ages.
- Enjoy Lawn Games: Grab your baseball mitt or play a game of frisbee.
- Watch The Sunrise: Picturesque views from our patio or from your guest room.
- Little Lodge: Just underneath the main stairs in our lobby, is Stafford’s Little Lodge. Children can read, play and color while adults relax in our cozy lobby. Children should be supervised at all times.
- Relax By The Fire Place: Grab a freshly popped bag of popcorn and relax in our grand lobby by the cozy fireplace.
- Play A Game Of Pool: Enjoy a game of pool in the loft area above the main lobby.
- Snowshoes: Lodging guests may use our snowshoes to discover the 20 acres of property surrounding the lodge.
- Snowmobiles: Full and half day snowmobile rentals are available through many local snowmobile dealerships. We recommend the following for snowmobile rentals: County Wide Services of Harbor Springs - Harbor Springs; Indian River Sports Center - Indian River; Burt Lake Marina - Indian River. Please contact our front desk for more recommendations.
- Take A Riverboat Tour: Tour the picturesque Crooked River aboard the Keewaydin Queen II. These tours run during the summer season, pricing and schedule can be found here.