It’s hard to believe Labor Day Weekend is upon us. Looking for something to do? Here is a small list of 10 Things To Do Over Labor Day Weekend in the area – for visitors and locals, too!
1. Walk The Mighty Mac – The Only Day of the Year To Walk The Mackinac Bridge!
The best way to view the Mackinac Bridge and the Straits of Mackinac! The 5-mile span welcomes thousands of visitors each year to participate in the walk. Head to St. Ignace where the walk begins (bussing is available in Mackinaw City). More details can be found here.
2. Hit The Beach
Ahhh, toes in the sand, and waves splashing in the background. Need we say more? Petoskey State Park, Sturgeon Bay, Harbor Springs City Beach and the Michigan Beach in Charlevoix are among our personal favorites, here’s a full list of local beaches.
3. Listen To Local Musicians
- The Noggin Room Pub at Stafford’s Perry Hotel features entertainment nightly Thursday – Sunday, 8 to 11 pm. Get a full entertainment schedule here.
- Stroll The Streets in Boyne City. This Friday is the final night for the season. It’s fun for the entire family!
The most scenic bike trails are right here in northern Michigan. The Little Traverse Wheelway spans from Harbor Springs to Charlevoix and offers breathtaking views of Little Traverse Bay. The North Western State Trail can be accessed on M-119 and continues on a newly paved trail all the way to Alanson.
5. Browse The Boutique Shops In The Historic Gaslight District Of Downtown Petoskey
A little something for everyone can be found in the quaint Gaslight District. While you’re there, hop on the Historic Trolley for a tour, available Thursday – Saturday. You can find a Trolley Schedule here.
6. Shop ‘Street Sales & Celebration’ in Harbor Springs
Venture into downtown Harbor Springs, Uptown Fairview Square and Harbor Plaza for a day of shopping, saving and family fun. The Farmer’s Market will be set up from 9 am to 1 pm, also! More info here.
7.Grab A Kayak For An Adventure
Overnight guests of Stafford’s Crooked River Lodge & Suites may use our complimentary kayaks on a first come/first serve basis. Banhof Sports in Petoskey and Petoskey State Park also offer kayak rentals.
8. Visit The Labor Day Car Show
On Saturday, September 5, Boyne City will be filled with cars, cars and more cars! Check out the schedule of events here.
9. Indulge In Sunday Brunch at Stafford’s Bay View Inn
A tradition since 1962 and voted Northern Michigan’s Best Brunch! Our Sunday Brunch is served 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. Enjoy chef-carved meats, homemade waffle station, breakfast favorites, lunch entrees, traditional sides, salads and a sweets table! $21.95 adults, $12.95 children. Reservations encouraged, 231-347-2771.
10. Take A Cruise On The Water
Hop aboard the Pointer Boat in Harbor Springs for a cruise around Harbor Springs or enjoy the scenic Crooked River, part of the famed Inland Waterway, with a Riverboat Tour.
Enjoy the beautiful weekend in northern Michigan!