We all know, as we approach Labor Day weekend, the end of summer is near! But we say, “It’s not over yet!” Enjoy the last bit of this beautiful northern Michigan summer with some of these favorites!
- Catch A Movie in the Park: Gather around the big screen at the park in Alanson to watch ‘Coco’ with the family. The show starts at approximately 8:45 pm. The event is free and fun the for the whole family!
- Harbor Springs Street Sales: Catch the hot deals in Harbor Springs August 31 & September 1. Includes downtown shops, Fairview Plaza and Harbor Plaza.
- Music at the Noggin Room Pub: Grab a drink at The Noggin Room Pub – choose from over 40 brews! While you’re there, enjoy the live music taking place every night this weekend!
Thursday, August 30: Billy Jewel
Friday, August 31: Alex Mendenall
Saturday, September 1: Sleeping Gypsies
Sunday, September 2: Sutton James Papanikolas
Check out our full September lineup of performers here.
- Enjoy Sunday Brunch: A tradition since 1962! Voted the best Sunday brunch in northern Michigan, visit Stafford’s Bay View Inn for a delicious weekend favorite.
- Walk The Mighty Mac: Ever wanted to walk the bridge? Here is your only chance! On Labor Day, the world’s 6th longest suspension bridge is closed to drivers and open to walkers. Experience the five mile long journey in a unique way with spectacular views of two Great Lakes.
- Charlevoix’s Little But Mighty Bridge Walk: If you’re not up for the long haul across the Mighty Mac, try the Charlevoix bridge! It’s a great way to get out and about in #CharlevoixTheBeautiful
- It’s Always A Good Day For Ice Cream! Indulge in an ice cream cone from your favorite local ice cream shop. Some of the shops close for the winter, so grab your last one of the season, it’s worth the calories!
- Dine Al Fresco: The fresh breeze will leave you happy and full! Dine outdoors at Stafford’s Pier Restaurant or Stafford’s Weathervane in Charlevoix.
- Mushroom House Tour: Take a guided tour or just drive around on your own – you’ll won’t miss the unique features of Earl Young’s designs. Click here for a map of the mushroom houses.
- Take In A ‘Million Dollar’ Sunset: Don’t forget to watch another beautiful summer sunset! Head to your favorite sunset location and take in the million dollar scene.
- Take A Ride on the Pointer Boat : Learn about Harbor Springs history while relaxing on a boat ride around the harbor. The Pointer Boat is an old water taxi that is now used for historic tours. Reservations are required, 231-881-8048.
- Get Outside! Whether its spending some time at the beach, walking or biking along Little Traverse Wheelway, golfing a few holes on one of the areas renowned courses or floating around in a kayak, make the most of this final weekend of summer!
Enjoy the long holiday and the last of the summer season!