- Choose a low centerpiece. The weather is unpredictable and a gust of wind may knock down higher vases and candles.
- The celebration is about the two of you. Try to work in items that reflect you as a couple!
- Votive candles add an ambiance to a receptions, but may or may not stay lit. There are several battery operated candles available, we suggest those for outdoor receptions.
- Tall centerpieces work well, but be sure guests can see around or through the arrangement for conversation.
- Just like the outdoors, votive candles add an ambiance to a reception.
- Don’t be afraid to add color. Whether in a vase or adding ribbon, color can make a centerpiece stand out.
Tips From Our Staff
- Ask your florist for suggestions. Many local florists are familiar with our properties and may have exactly what you are envisioning.
- Keep in mind of everything on your table. This may include: plateware, cutlery, wine glasses, water glasses, favors, photos, candles, place card holders, etc.
- Adding a smaller colored linen or chair sash as a table runner, can enhance the overall decor.
- Keep with the season. Consult with your florist to see what flowers are in bloom the month of your wedding. Seasonal flowers typically are less expensive (example: Peonies are in bloom in June).
Need inspiration? Follow our Wedding Board on Pinterest!