Psssst, in case you haven’t heard, fall color in the North is at its peak! And it’s glorious. So many options for a color tour drive, find them all here. One of our favorites is a drive through the Tunnel of Trees on M-119. But a walk or bike ride along Little Traverse Wheelway is a close second. While you’re here to enjoy the colors, try one of these delicious culinary events happening this fall. Read all the way through for a special bonus – Chef DJ is sharing a fabulous autumn recipe with our fans!
Petoskey Restaurant Week
Friday, October 19 – Friday, October 26
Join us in the Noggin Room Pub for these awesome deals!
Lunch – Two for $15 (Saturday & Sunday only)
Choice of any stacked or rolled sandwich off our regular menu and a soft beverage
Dinner – Two for $25
Choice of a side Caesar or mixed greens salad, a large pizza with choice of three toppings and choice of ice cream sundae – vanilla or cherry praline ice cream
Murder Mystery Dinner
Friday, October 26 and Saturday October 27, 6 pm
Local detectives and out-of-town sleuths are invited to our four-course interactive Murder Mystery Dinner!
Starter: Spinach & Artichoke Dip, Meatballs
Salad: Apple Walnut
Entrée: Petite Filet & Artichoke Chicken
Dessert: Pumpkin Cheesecake
$55 per guest (includes tax & gratuities). Please call 231-347-2771 for reservations.
Happiest Hour in Town
Monday – Thursday, 4 to 6 pm
Stop by after work to enjoy Chef’s small plates and drink specials – including house wine for $3 per glass.
Northern Michigan Wine Dinner
Saturday, November 3, 6 pm
A dinner tailored to showcase the best of Northern Michigan wines and Chef’s local cuisine.
$55 per guest. Call 231-547-4311 for reservations. If you can’t make it this time, save the date for our upcoming dinners: January 19, February 16, March 16, April 13.
Autumn Recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash Shirred Eggs
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 2 TBS Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 TBS Heavy Cream
- 2 TBS Shredded Gruyere cheese
- Thyme as needed
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Pieces of Toast
- 1 Acorn Squash (halved, seeds removed)
- Olive oil, salt, pepper as needed
Being by preheat oven to 400°F.
• Rub halved and seeded Acorn squash with olive oil, salt and pepper
• Place on a baking sheet and roast until tender
• Place one teaspoon of butter in each half of squash
• Crack one egg into the center of each half of acorn squash
• Add 1 tablespoon of cream onto each egg
• Sprinkle with gruyere cheese and fresh thyme
• Return to the oven for 7 to 10 minutes until egg is cooked to your desired likeness
• Serve immediately with toast