Welcome to Northern Michigan! It’s no secret, how much we love our little neck-of-the-woods. But more importantly, we want you to love it just as much! If you ask us, the secrets to an unforgettable up-north adventure are listed below. Alanson, Charlevoix, Harbor Springs and Petoskey offer more than any person can experience in one trip, you’ll just have to come back to try it all!
- You’ve got to see Earl Young’s Mushroom Houses in Charlevoix.
- The Fountain of Youth in Charlevoix is fun for all ages and perfect to splash around on a hot day.
- Petoskey is known as the ‘Land of Million Dollar Sunsets’ for great reason. Watch the sun setting over Little Traverse Bay from many locations. Our favorite: Petoskey State Park.
- Get artsy! Crooked Tree Arts Center in downtown Petoskey offers Artistic exhibits, classes and events.
- The bluff views from Harbor Springs overlooking Little Traverse Bay are indescribable.
- Local entertainment! Live music every weekend and the Noggin Room Pub.
- Sweet tooth? Tom’s Mom’s Cookies in Harbor Springs is a delicious treat.
- Sip flavorful wines in the Petoskey Wine Region. There are 12 wineries to choose from.
- Free Chocolate! Kilwin’s Factory offers tour of the factory. You won’t be able to leave without tasting something!
- Hopps of fun! Our local breweries are top notch! Check out Beard’s Brewery & Petoskey Brewing.
- Coffee Time! Try an Awesome Coffee at any of our Stafford’s restaurants. Is it dessert? Is it a drink? You decide!
- Let’s plank – without the exercise! Oak Planked Whitefish has been a Stafford’s specialty for over 50 years. Available at any of our
- Take a hike! Little Traverse Conservancy offers more than 172 nature preserves across northern Michigan.
- Strike! Take the family to play a few frames of bowling at Northern Lights Recreation.
- Rise and shine! Catch a sunrise over Crooked Lake or the Crooked River.
- Drive the Tunnel of Trees north of Harbor Springs. The ride is one-of-a-kind and the views are breathtaking. With a farm store,
- Livestock barn, cafe, winery and brewery, Pond Hill Farm has plenty to do for adults and kids!
- Hit the trails! Between the Little Traverse Wheelway and the Northwestern State Trail, go from Charlevoix all the way to Harbor Springs or Mackinaw.
- Sample oils and vinegars from Fustini’s in Downtown Petoskey. Take your favorites home!
- Enjoy small town feels in an award-winning book store – McLean & Eakin Bookseller in Downtown Petoskey.
- Take home some jam and sauce from American Spoon Foods.
- Cut the cheese at Petoskey Cheese! Classes, catering, picnic and lunch menu and more.
- Cheers! Complete the tour of beers from around the world to earn your own personalized mug at the Noggin Room Pub at Stafford’s Perry Hotel.
- Get your tickets to watch a movie at the Lyric Theater in downtown Harbor Springs. Adult beverages available!
This list compiled by real people at Stafford’s!
Printable list here –> UP NORTH FUN.