Welcome the new year in style! Whether you’re looking for an evening among adults, overnight accommodations or family-friendly festivities, northern Michigan is the place to be. Read on for a list of 5 festive ways to say goodbye to 2018 and hello to 2019.
1. A delicious New Year’s Eve Buffet will be served from 5:30 to 8:30 pm at Stafford’s Bay View Inn. Chef-carved prime rib, turkey, crab stuffed whitefish, shrimp cocktail, desserts and more. $32.95 per guest, $16.95 per child. Overnight accommodations are available – reservations are strongly recommended, 231-347-2771.
2. Charlevoix is hosting their Annual Bridge Drop and there is fun for the entire family! The family-friendly activities begin at noon with horse drawn wagon rides, smores, snowman contest and a free family movie at 4:30 pm. Fireworks will light the sky at 9 pm, the bridge drop will take place at midnight and a fireworks finale will take place.
3. Stafford’s Pier Restaurant in Harbor Springs will be serving a four-course meal at $65 per guest. Reservations are strongly encouraged, 231-526-6201.
4. New Year’s Eve at the Arts Center is another family-friendly event in downtown Petoskey! Enjoy enjoy art, music, dance, theater, performances & workshops, food & refreshments. One of the highlights is the ‘midnight at 9’ ball-drop!
5. Head to Stafford’s Weathervane Restaurant in Charlevoix for a New Year’s Eve Dinner Monday, December 31, 4 to 10 pm. Chef Rob’s a la carte holiday menu will leave you full and happy as you welcome 2019. Live entertainment from the John Archambauldt Band from 9 pm to 1 am in the lounge area, too! Reservations encouraged, 231-547-4311.