#PeopleOfStaffords is a new blog series featuring employees from our 7 Landmark Locations. We will feature one individual, giving you a behind-the-scenes look at the people leading our day-to-day operations.
- Tell us, Shirley, how did you end up in northern Michigan? I was born and raised in Northern Michigan in the small village of Freesoil, which is 13 miles south of Manistee, MI.
- What do you do for Stafford’s Hospitality? I have worked at the Crooked River Lodge for the past 9 months as a part-time front desk clerk and night audit.
- What do you love about your job? What I love most about my job is the relaxed atmosphere the Crooked River Lodge brings, the great co-workers/team that we have and the wonderful beauty of the outdoors which is what Northern Michigan is all about!
- In your “free time” what do you do? In the free time that I get, I love spending time with my husband and family as well as my four-legged furry daughter, Shantze. I also like to snowshoe, hike and camp.
- How would you describe northern Michigan to our guests? God’s country! It is a place where you can relax, enjoy the great outdoors and take in the beauty that the city life is unable to offer.