A tasty and healthy soup recipe from Stafford’s Corporate Chef, DJ Flynn.
Vegan Lentil Soup
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1 Bulb Garlic (minced)
- 1/3 Apple, Large (dice)
- 1 Cup Carrot, Large (dice)
- 1 Cup Onion, Large (dice)
- 1 Cup Celery, Large (dice)
- 1/2 Cup Leeks, 1/2″ square
- 1 QT Lentil (cooked)
- 2 QT Vegetable Stock
- 2 T Thyme (minced)
- To Taste: Salt, Pepper, Sherry Vinegar
- For Garnish: Fustini’s Meyer Lemon Oil
1. Sweat garlic, apple, carrot, onion, celery and leeks in olive oil, season with sale and pepper.
2. Add cooked lentils and continue to sweat.
3. Add thyme.
4. At this time, some of the vegetable and lentil mixture can be reserved and added back in at the end (after the soup is pureed) for a heartier garnish if desired.
5. Add vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
6. Puree to desired consistency, and add garnish back in if you choose to reserve any.
7. Season to taste with salt and sherry vinegar.
8. Serve and garnish with Meyer Lemon Oil.