Welcome to Northern Michigan! It’s no secret, how much we love our little neck-of-the-woods. But more importantly, we want you to love it just as much! If you ask us, the secrets to an unforgettable up-north adventure are listed below. Alanson, Charlevoix, Harbor Springs and Petoskey offer more than any person can experience in one trip, you’ll just have to come back to try it all!
- You’ve got to see Earl Young’s Mushroom Houses in Charlevoix.
- The Fountain of Youth in Charlevoix is fun for all ages and perfect to splash around on a hot day.
- Petoskey is known as the ‘Land of Million Dollar Sunsets’ for great reason. Watch the sun setting over Little Traverse Bay from many locations. Our favorite: Petoskey State Park.
- The Inland Waterway is a 40 mile long historic water route that connects Crooked Lake to Lake Huron. If you have a chance to see all or part of this piece of natural beauty, you won’t be disappointed.
- The bluff views from Harbor Springs overlooking Little Traverse Bay are indescribable. Many artists have created their own interpretations, but nothing is quite like an in-person view with your own eyes.
- Local entertainment! Concerts in Pennsylvania Park, Petoskey Rocks!, Street Musique and live music at the Noggin Room Pub.
Must Eat & Drink
- Sweet tooth? Tom’s Mom’s Cookies in Harbor Springs is a delicious treat.
- Sip flavorful wines in the Petoskey Wine Region. There are 12 wineries to choose from.
- Free Chocolate! Kilwin’s Factory offers chocolate tours. You won’t be able to leave without tasting something!
- Hopps of fun! Our local breweries are top notch! Check out Beard’s Brewery & Petoskey Brewing.
- Voted Northern Michigan’s best brunch, Stafford’s Bay View Inn serves Sunday Brunch all summer long.
- Cheers! Complete the tour of beers from around the world to earn your own personalized mug at the Noggin Room Pub located in Stafford’s Perry Hotel lower level.
- Let’s plank – without the exercise! Oak Planked Whitefish has been a Stafford’s specialty for over 50 years. Available at any of our restaurants.
- Alanson is home to the world’s shortest swing bridge – walk or drive over it, boat under it.
- All aboard! Take a ride on the historic Pointer Boat docked at Stafford’s Pier Restaurant. Tickets at PointerBoat.com.
- Stroll the Petoskey Breakwall.
- Drive the Tunnel of Trees north of Harbor Springs. The ride is one-of-a-kind and the views are breathtaking.
- With a farm store, livestock barn, cafe, winery and brewery, Pond Hill Farm has plenty to do for adults and kids!
- Watch a movie at the Lyric Theater in downtown Harbor Springs. Adult beverages available!
- Hit the trails! Between the Little Traverse Wheelway and the Northwestern State Trail, you can make it from Charlevoix all the way to Harbor Springs or Mackinaw. Take in some of the best views along the way.
- Sample oils and vinegars from Fustini’s in Downtown Petoskey.
- Take your favorites home! Enjoy small town feels in an award-winning book store, McLean & Eakin Bookseller in Downtown Petoskey.
- Take home some jam and sauce from American Spoon Foods.
- Search for Petoskey tones along the shore of Little Traverse Bay. Out of time? Purchase one from the local shops.
- Pick up some produce or goods from one or all of the local farmers markets in the area: Petoskey, Harbor Springs, Charlevoix.
- A little slice of heaven for your taste buds! A trip to northern Michigan requires an ice cream cone from Kilwin’s, Murdicks or Yummies. Lick up your favorite flavor.
- Cut the cheese at Petoskey Cheese! Classes, catering, picnic and lunch menu and more.