Becca’s best friend (and maid of honor) from high school went to Albion College with David and introduced the two of us. We started off as friends, but not long after we started dating, we fell in love. From early on, we both knew what we had was something special.
David planned a perfect trip to Savannah, Georgia during the summer of 2015. He is very artistic and sketched a drawing. He gave me the drawing while we were on a picnic in Forsyth Park. Attached to the drawing was the ring we had picked out months prior.
Why They Chose Northern Michigan
We are both from different areas of the state and wanted to allow all of our guests a gorgeous destination while still remaining in Michigan. Petoskey was the perfect place for our winter wedding!
Special Details Of Their Big Day
- Something Old: Becca wore her great aunt’s antique engagement ring
- Something New: A pair of earrings to match my wedding dress
- Something Borrowed: Becca pinned David’s fraternity pin (and her sorority pin) to her bouquet
- Something Blue: “I Do” on the bottom of Becca’s wedding shoes
- Becca’s parents gave her away and her step-father officiated the ceremony
- David’s two nieces were the flower girls
- For outdoor photos, Becca & the girls wore fur stoles, while the guys all wore matching scarves
- We did a wine ceremony with love letters and wine to be opened on our 1st anniversary
- Photographer: Megan Newman of Weber Photography
- Cake: Simply Sweet by Jessica
- Flowers: Blooming Creations (by Penny)
- Centerpieces: Gold Candelabras with Floral
- Dress: Precious Memories
- Color Scheme: Burgundy with Blush & Gold Accents
- DJ: Sound Productions
- Venue: Stafford’s Perry Hotel– Submitted by Becca & David